Saturday, June 5, 2010

A not so Lolita-Day

Lot’s of girls look forward to International Lolita day every twice a year. Honestly, it’s one of the best ideas the community has ever come up with in my opinion. There’s no better excuse to host a meet-up or even wear OTT out in public for no reason aside from the fact it’s your day to shine.


I’m going to be dead honest and say I’ve never celebrated the day. Why? I’ve never really been allowed to on those days. For some odd reason it always seems to be a “family day” at the last minute. It’s not like I know anybody who would go out to a teahouse dressed as dolls anyways, so it doesn’t bother me as much as it should. (Even though I’d love to do something on a day like this.)

This Lolita day was double bad.

I had done nothing but yard work and listen to parents degrade me as to how I don’t do any work as usual as I de-weeded our lawn and raked stones to landscape. Of course afterwards they had offered to buy me a new blouse and none of mine seem to fit anymore, but I couldn’t seem to find a blouse acceptable for both my mother and me. I became depressed so to say, and even when I did find a blouse I loved from Qutieland I couldn’t bring myself to buy it. (I’d rather save up and buy a whole bunch of things at once because their shipping is just so…)

I just became…depressed so to speak.
Has anybody else had a terrible day today? I’d really like to know I wasn’t alone on what’s supposed to be a Lolita’s Day.



Sorry for the first real post being a rant but I really needed to let that out.

1 comment:

  1. hey its saucepanlyd from egl chat.

    aww you poor thing. Dont worry I didn't do anything either. I havn't been dressing lolita for a long time and I haven't introduced myself to my local comm yet

    Thankfuly I was working yesterday. All that happens at home is fighting so I spend as much time outside it as possible *hugs*

    ReplyDelete