Friday, June 18, 2010

New Job - Barista = Worries?

Things have been rather hectic around here lately. I've been out and abouts trying to deal with some rather personal issues about moving out on my own while my parents move away to the city up north. It's been very stressful so I haven't had much time to devote to Lolita at all. (If anything, I've been fueling my other secret obsession more than anything.)

However, I have great news for myself that's also quite scary.
I've landed a Job after many months of searching. At Starbucks. 

starbucks Pictures, Images and Photos

I'm going to admit right now I don't know the slightest thing about coffee and everybody who knows me in reality knows straight out that I can't remember diddly-squat. I've also got a rather nasty case of generalized anxiety. Luckily, this branch is inside of a grocery store, surrounded by...2 others. (Starbucks in the chapters beside the store and a standalone right across the street. Surprising, huh?)
It shouldn't be that busy, right?

Anyways, at least I've finally nailed a job after many months of searching. Is it Lolita-like? I have no idea. At least I'll be able to say I make one damn good coffee soon.

Tell me ladies,
What's your job? Are you still searching? Do you consider your job to fit your lifestyle?

1 comment:

  1. I worked as a barrista for a little while. It was ahrd at first, but you'll be surprised how quickly you will learn things :)
    At first I was genuinely afraid of the coffee machine lol! But eventually, learned to use it.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete